What is a Children’s Product Certificate?
Children’s Product Certificate(CPC) is a written children’s product certificate issued by the CPSC (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission) accredited laboratory. A CPC certificate is essentially a written assurance that the child’s product complies with all applicable child product safety rules.
When do we need a Children’s Product Certificate?
Required for the importation and sale of all children-related products when
- Shipping goods through freight forwarders
- Inspection of products by U.S. Customs
- Selling products such as toys on the Amazon.com
- Consumer Product Safety Commission requirements
One of the most familiar: when selling children-related products on the Amazon platform (including toys product, baby products, etc.), are required to provide a CPC certificate, otherwise not sold.
What type of product needs a CPC certificate?
Any goods made for or designed for use by children require a CPC certificate. (Children’s products are consumer goods designed for use by twelve years of age and children.)
Children’s products include but are not limited to toys, teething pacifiers, children’s clothing, school supplies, and any other items designed for use by or made for children.
Here are some examples:
- Plastic toys
- Wooden toys
- Toy cars
- Baby products
- Children’s stationery
- Children’s clothing
- Children’s accessories
- Children’s Jewelry
How to Get a Children’s Product Certificate?
1. Ask the toys’ supplier whether they can provide a CPC certificate for the specified products.
Generally speaking, if the products sell on Amazon, the product has a CPC certificate, and the supplier can provide you with a CPC certificate to help you save money.
2. If the supplier can not provide a CPC certificate for the product, it is possible that the toy product is the latest, the product is still in the promotion. You have to do the CPC certificate for the toy product through a CPSC-accredited laboratory.
The specific process of doing the CPC certificate:
1). Consulting quotation (different products, different materials, the price will be different, the specific cost to the CPSC-accredited laboratory to provide)
2). Provide samples (you can ask the supplier to provide test products)
3). Fill out the application form
4). Provide contact information and contract stamped back.
5). Arrange payment
6). Laboratory arrangements to test
7). Test passes the draft
8). The client confirms the draft and schedules the official copy
9). Laboratory sends official CPC documents
What information needs to include in the CPC certificate?
1. Product information (name and description).
2. All applicable regulations and regulations for the product.
3. Importer or manufacturer (U.S. based) information: including name, address, and phone number.
4. The contact information of the holder of the test result file supporting the certificate: name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
5. Product production date and address, the production date must be to the year and month, the address must be to the city.
6. Testing time and address of the test report or certificate.
7. CPSC-accredited laboratory information: name, address, contact number.
It is worth noting that
- CPC certificate must be based on the results of CPSC-accredited laboratory
- CPC certificate must be in English
Yes. Each product requires a CPC certificate. In other words, 10 CPC certificates are required for ten products. By the way, if a product has four different colors, then each color must be listed on the CPC certificate.
No. It is not necessary. It is not required to create a new CPC certificate for each new order. However, a new CPC certificate is required for any of the following cases. Product A changes to a new color, new design, new material Product A changes its supplier